Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The CCTS English Blog

Hello CCTS English teachers!

Lately, I've come across some great articles, websites, and ideas that I think would be great to share with you all.  In addition, as I've conducted walkthroughs and observations, I've noticed a lot of things that I'd like to mention to everyone in a group setting.  Unfortunately, we only meet as a department once per month.  I'd like this blog to be part of my effort to fill in that communication gap.  I wish we had time in our schedules to meet every day-- to share success stories, concerns, best practice ideas, and the like.  Since we can't meet daily in person, I intend to use this blog as a space to do just that.  I beleive its important to have professional discussion and community-- since scheduling makes that hard to do in person, this, I believe, is the next best way, short of flooding you inbox with emails (especially since I keep getting that "over the space limit" notice in Outlook!)
Please keep in mind that I will use email to communicate important things that require attention, and that nothing takes the place of our face-to-face time at department meetings. This blog will be more about providing you with any information, thoughts, ideas, or developments that will assist you in doing your jobs to the best of your ability.  You aren't required to check it or contribute, but it's here if you'd like to do so, and I hope it serves as a valuable resource to you.

If you'd like to be able to contribute to the blog, please email me your Gmail address and I will add you as a contributor.  Otherwise, please feel free to read and comment. 

My goal is to post on the blog several times per week.

Thanks,
Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment